Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Life As It Is Now...

It's been so long since I've taken the time to blog that I don't even know where to start. I guess, let me begin by introducing myself and my family...

My name is Elizabeth (Perkins) Davis. I am the daughter of Richard Perkins and Debora (Long) Broad. I was born in San Diego, CA, but spent my younger years in the town Oak Harbor, WA., as my father was in the Navy.  I now live in the nice little town of Old Town, ME. I work as a full-time CNA for Orono Commons. The skilled or "rehab" wing is my primary position and I love working in this setting. Helping people recover and get back to their normal life is one of the most rewarding things I could be doing.

But, by far the most rewarding thing that I am is a mother of three amazing children.

Michael John is my oldest and will be turning 12 in just a couple of weeks. We was Captain of his Y Football team and played the Running Back position. And as of last night, he is on his school's "B" or "Jr. Varsity" Basketball Team. No word on what position he will be playing, but we are excited to find out!
As my first born, I have loved watching him grow from my little baby boy to a handsome young man who (for the most part) is well-behaved, ambitious and just an all around good young man. He makes me mad sometimes, but more often then not, he makes laugh....


Summer Ashleigh is my middle child and will be turning 9 in January. She does everything from cheering to soccer to art to theater. This year she played for the Y Soccer Team, took an after school Art Class at the University of Maine and is currently rehearsing for her school's production of The Nutcracker where she will be a Reed Dancer and an Angel. If you have ever met her, you know that she always has a smile on her face and has been called (by multiple teachers) the most polite, kind, happy child in the class. She's always willing to help and always does it with a smile on her face.

Jason Stannard is my baby boy and just turned 3 in September. As my third child, he is also my most "difficult" if you will. He makes me want to pull my hair out and cover his face in kisses all at the same time. His father and I were married and he was named after his late uncle. However, his father and I have since divorced, but are doing our best to at least remain civil to each other and do the best we can to raise this little wild child.

Sean David is my handsome baby. We met in late 2008, but started as just friends. However, in March of 2009, it turned into something more and we have been happy and going strong ever since. He calls me his "Princess" and with him, I have found what I had been missing.

Others in my household that are worth mentioning are my one and a half year old Pug, Emma. We got her from friends of my mother's who were just not able to give her the attention that she needed. She has made herself at home here with us and we just couldn't imagine our life without her anymore. There is also our kitty, who although his name is actually Big Boy, usually just gets called Kitty. He came to us after Sean's late brother rescued him from a box off the side of the road and is an faithful friend we would be lost without.

So, that's my family and a brief rundown of our life. I hope you will continue to visit my page and follow me through My Crazy, yet Beautiful Life.

Beautifully,

Liz

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, I have a blog too for free samples and poetry or whatever rambling ya know I'll post links so you can follow me too!

    http://xiicepinkix85.blogspot.com/
    http://xiicepinkix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete