Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Wish I Could Make It Snow...

A very special woman I know is dying of cancer. I visited with her today and as is my nature, I asked if there was anything I could get her or do for her (habit from being a CNA). She said she needed something, but she didn't know what. She was quiet for a minute, then said, "I'm mad." I asked her why. "I hear it was snowing earlier and I was asleep, so I missed it." I told her that I couldn't make it snow, but I would if I could (even though I hate the snow). She looked at me and said, "I thought you could do anything." It broke my heart. There is so much I would do for so many people if I could do anything.

My studying has been going well. My meeting went well. I have to work all week (including Thanksgiving) up until Saturday. But, we didn't have the kids this weekend, so we went out and did some more of the Christmas shopping. We got most of the kids' done....

I'm calling it an early night.

Sleepily,

LIz

No comments:

Post a Comment