Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It All Begins Tomorrow....


Some of you all ready know, but in case you don't...growing up, I don't ever recall my parents being big on religion. I can't ever recall going to Church with my family, ever seeing a Bible in my house or there ever being any talk about religion or God. I do however, remember going weekly to a "club" called AWANAS, which was like Scouts based around God and studying the Bible and also  going to Church with my neighbors quite freqently. However, honestly, AWANAS was something I just did to be with my friends and I couldn't even tell you what denomination they were.  I mostly went for the sign language class that was offered to the kids and young adults. Hey, just being honest here.

However, I have come to the point in my life where I need some sort of guidance, something solid. A foundation with which to set a good example for my kids. I have chosen to convert to Catholicism. It is what I have been around the most and it is what makes the most sense to me in my mind.

It is my understanding that the process of converting is a tedious process. I have been told that it will take about a year. I had called the Church at the end of last week to find out  how to go about starting the process. I was afraid that I would have to wait until a new session started which could be up to a year from now. My fear was that I would have to wait and that it would once again somehow get  moved to the back burner once again.

I was just called last night by the woman who handles the orginaztion and running of these meetings or "classes" if you will. She invited me to come to their meeding on Thursday (tomorrow) evening. It turns out that the session is just starting! Tomorrow is the first meeting! To me, this was a sure "sign", if you will, that this was something that was meant to happen! I'm ready and motivated to do it and it was perfect timing!

I'm so excited to begin this new part of my life and start laying the foundation for this very important part of my life. I'm also very  happy and lucky to have such an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. man backing, supporting and encouraging me every step of the way. I truly am blessed to have the family and man that I do. Good night and God Bless.

Beautifully,

Liz

1 comment:

  1. And obviously I need to go to bed because I have just realized all the typos I made in the above blog post. Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete