Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Eyes Are Closed and My Heart Is Open


So, it's Thanksgiving. I didn't get to have dinner with my family as I had to work. Other then that, it was a typical normal day. I will get to go have dinner at my mom's tomorrow though.

However, as I was laying here in bed, getting ready to call it a night, I read that my grandmother had just watched "The Bucket List" and that's where it all fell apart.

I saw this movie right before my grandfather past. I knew he was dying when I watched the movie, so it made it even more emotional for me to watch. But, the one line in that movie that just got me was, "My eyes are closed and my heart is open..." It just reminded me so much of him. He always said he wasn't afraid to die and that line just sort of  "fit" I guess.

Earlier on my Facebook, I posted a status where I was counting all my blessings, but I forgot one ~ and it's an important ones...I'm so thankful (and proud) to the granddaughter of one of the bravest, kindest, loving men this world as ever known: Peter E. Perkins, my Buppie, my hero.

"...God has created man in view of a blessed destiny that lies beyond the limits of his sad state on earth."

Beautifully,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment