Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

All ready fell behind...

I guess not really because I didn't commit to writing on my blog EVERYDAY. I just said I would keep on it! So, this is me keeping up on it.

Yesterday was back to school and everyday life for the kids and I. Daycare, homework and basketball practice were all on the agenda.

It wasn't something on my list, but last night I began crocheting a scarf. I got about half way done with it and like how it is turning out so far. I wont' post a picture though until it's done!

I had the day off from work today thank goodness. It's quite tiring when you are the only CNA on the unit for 12 patients. Even the ones that are mostly independent still ring when they need something and sometimes it gets to be too much. But, I do love my job and all my patients, so I do what I need to do....

The registration on the van ran out last Friday (oops), so I had to take care of that. And of course, it couldn't all be done at City Hall because of that nasty SR-22 on my license, so I had to go to Bangor for that. But, it's all legal now....

As for my list, in progress now are:

#3 Drink more water
#19 Save a Dollar a Day
#29 Read the Bible Everyday
#31 Donate Things We don't need
#37 Start a Blog and keep up on it
#39 Quit Smoking
#42 Read Ten Classic Novels
#62 Crochet Dishcloths
#69 30 Consecutive Days with no fast food
#82 Potty Train Jason

While I haven't officially quit smoking yet, I am attempting to make the last pack and a half I have here in the house be the last of the cigarettes I smoke. I wasn't able to get in to see my doctor today though to try and get some sort of stop smoking aid, but....I am going to attempt to do so on my next weekday off which is next Thursday. I figured it out that at almost a pack a day (not all are smoked by me, quite often a few get bummed off me from work) and almost $7 a pack, I'm spending $200 a month on this nasty habit and that just seems like a great big waste to me....

As for #69, I began that one on Sunday. The only time I really eat fast food is at work for lunch. The problem with that is...I work five days a week! My meal is usually $6 a day, times five is $30 a week! So, there is another $120 a month on something not so great for me. I have been bringing leftovers to work the past couple of days.

That's where I'm at with my list....where are you with yours???

No comments:

Post a Comment